Malia Obama made her onscreen debut in the music video for Boston-based indie rock group New Dakotas’ song, “Walking on Air.”
In the clip, the eldest daughter of former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama dances and lip syncs the lyrics to the easy listening song in front of a microphone. At one point, she even mimics playing the harmonica.
Malia, a 20-year-old second year student at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusets, appears alongside New Dakotas band members Alasdair MacKenzie, Chris Haley, Scott Roberts, and Juan Carlos Fernandez del Castillo. All of the band members are Harvard undergraduate students, like Malia.
“Walking on Air” is the New Dakotas’ second music video following “Hold that Pose” and one of five songs featured on their EP Marsh Street, which was released in April of this year.
See Malia Obama make her music video debut in the clip below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now