An image of a couple spotted intently listening to the confirmation hearings of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh while riding the subway on Thursday has gone viral.
In a photo shared in a tweet by reporter Amanda Aronczyk, an older couple is seen listening to a phone playing the hearings while riding the uptown 1 subway train in New York City. The couple appears to be completely engrossed by the hearings, a sentiment no doubt shared by millions of Americans who tuned into on Thursday morning to watch and listen to the testimony of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who alleged that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party.
During her testimony, Dr. Blasey Ford described her alleged sexual assault by Kavanaugh and its traumatic effect on her life. Ford often held back tears, noted that she was “terrified” and that she only came forward because she felt it was her “civic duty.” Since Ford has spoken out about her alleged sexual assault, Kavanaugh has been accused of two more alleged instances of sexual misconduct.
It was a riveting moment for Americans watching. See the photo of the couple, which garnered nearly 20,000 likes below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out