Kimmel opened his show on Wednesday with a monologue that tore apart Trump’s news conference, a solo presser in which the president addressed the mounting sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, put his own spin on the laughter of world leaders during his United Nations speech and spoke about the respect China has for his “very, very large brain.”
“Donald Trump treated the media gathered in New York to a rambling, angry, jumbled, dishonest and frequently incoherent hour-and-20-minute long press conference. It might still be going,” Kimmel began. “I don’t even know where to start. The wheels are off the wagon. It’s time to put grandpa in an assisted living facility because he cannot care for himself. It was like the craziest voicemail from your mom ever.”
Watch the full clip below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.