After Bill Hader was announced as the winner in the category, he hugged an audience member who appeared to be Glover disguised as Teddy Perkins—the eccentric agoraphobe who tries to sell Darius (Lakeith Stanfield) a piano in the sixth episode of Atlanta‘s second season.
Glover played the character in whiteface for the show. However, in the minutes following Hader’s win, Glover was spotted in the audience as his normal self. Naturally, people were left wondering what the deal with Perkins’ brief appearance was.
“Why is nobody talking about the fact that Donald Glover (or someone) showed up to the #Emmys as Teddy Perkins from Atlanta?!” tweeted one curious viewer.
See some of the reactions below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022