Jennifer Lawrence has long been vocal about her aversion to social media. But in an interview with InStyle that was published on Tuesday, she got down to the nitty gritty of why she refuses to post online.
After sharing her thoughts on unrealistic beauty standards—”If you are 20 pounds underweight and talk about eating pizza and fried chicken all the time, that’s not going to make people feel good about themselves”—J-Law revealed that while she does keep an eye on what others are sharing, she’s not willing to subject herself to the battleground that is the Internet.
“I’m on it. But I’m a voyeur: I watch, I don’t speak,” she said of social media. “There is always so much backlash. So many people are listening and paying attention, and they have so many opinions about absolutely everything. I really don’t want to welcome that unless it’s absolutely necessary. I don’t want to put myself out there for no reason. Unless I’m promoting something or something really burns my onions, you won’t hear from me.”
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction