Following a standing-ovation-worthy performance of her greatest hits at Monday night’s MTV Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall, 2018 Video Vanguard Award winner Jennifer Lopez returned to the stage to accept her award. After being introduced by her fellow TIME 100 honoree and performer Shawn Mendes, Lopez took a moment to pay tribute to her supporters.
And there was one person in particular that she noted, to applause from the audience: her boyfriend Alex Rodriguez. Towards the end of her six-minute speech—after calling out her fans, family and the many music industry players who had helped her decades-long career grow from her Bronx roots to the stage she was on—she finally shared a sweet tribute to the famous baseball player she’s been dating for over a year.
“And Alex. You’re like my twin soul,” she said.
Rodriguez had already proved he is the perfect boyfriend earlier in the evening when he was photographed snapping camera photos of Lopez as she posed on the red carpet, showing himself to be the perfect parter in nailing the perfect shot for Instagram. Clearly these two are meant to be.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up