Bow down, BeyHive: the governor of Minnesota may very well be Beyoncé’s biggest fans.
Governor Mark Dayton shared the update in an official proclamation, honoring the On the Run II Tour concert that Beyoncé and Jay-Z were set to perform on Wednesday evening at Minneapolis’s U.S. Bank Stadium. “Through their lives and music, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have inspired Minnesotans and music fans around the world,” Dayton’s proclamation states, adding that “Beyoncé has influenced many Minnesota girls and women with the powerful, positive messages in her music” and enumerating both artists’ lists of accolades and career accomplishments. (Beyoncé was born in Texas, and Jay-Z in New York, but clearly Minnesota does not discriminate against out-of-state citizens.)
The couple are on the U.S. leg of their international On the Run II tour, having recently left the East Coast to continue blessing audiences nationwide with their performances. Beyoncé also recently covered the September issue of U.S. Vogue, sharing powerful statements about motherhood and body image.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow