In his latest installment of the series, Fallon — bedecked in a Trump-like wig and practicing a Trumpian accent — takes on the newest developments, including Trump’s antagonistic tweet about Iran, his stance on former advisor Carter Page and his appreciation of the dog who does a mean Britney Spears impression, among other items.
“I might start a war with Iran. I kinda, sorta, maybe got in a screaming match on Twitter with Iran’s president and said ‘never, ever threaten the United States again, or you will suffer the consequences,'” Fallon-as-Trump announced. (That quote was taken directly from the president’s tweet to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, sent late Sunday evening.) “A lot of people are surprised about my outburst, mostly because I’ve never used the words ‘I’ and ‘ran’ in the same sentence before,” Fallon then carried on, joking.
“Finally, onto the most important topic facing our nation: it’s Shark Week! And they’re so scary! I’m gonna tweet at the sharks,” he quipped, then typing out a parody of his initial missive to Iran. Watch out, sharks: the might of America is prepared to take you down if you make trouble. Or at least, if Fallon-as-Trump had his way, that would be the case. Watch the latest Trump News Network dispatch, above.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time