In a clip from the concert, Beyoncé finishes belting out the final notes of the song while seated before insouciantly dropping the mic, something that the Beyhive could not get enough of, especially since “Resentment” was a song that caused no short measure of discussion on the first On the Run tour.
As might be expected, it didn’t take long before the Internet discovered this iconic moment and made good use of it on social media, creating a GIF-able moment that will no doubt bless us time and time again for tweets to come.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.