In a video acceptance speech shared at the MTV Movie & TV Awards on Monday night—Brown was not able to attend in person due to an injury that kept her in Atlanta—the young actor shared some wisdom that anyone can get down with.
“Finally, since I know there are many young people watching this—and even to the adults, too—they could probably use the reminder that I was taught: If you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say it,” she reminded the audience. “There should be no space in this world for bullying, and I’m not going to tolerate it, and neither should any of you.”
Tell ’em, Eleven.
Brown won the evening’s award for Best Performance in a Show, thanks to her work in Stranger Things. The show is back for its third season on Netflix sometime late this year or early next year. As for Brown’s Twitter account? It may remain in the dust for now, but she did tell her fans they could always reach out to her on Instagram messages instead.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears