In a video acceptance speech shared at the MTV Movie & TV Awards on Monday night—Brown was not able to attend in person due to an injury that kept her in Atlanta—the young actor shared some wisdom that anyone can get down with.
“Finally, since I know there are many young people watching this—and even to the adults, too—they could probably use the reminder that I was taught: If you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t say it,” she reminded the audience. “There should be no space in this world for bullying, and I’m not going to tolerate it, and neither should any of you.”
Tell ’em, Eleven.
Brown won the evening’s award for Best Performance in a Show, thanks to her work in Stranger Things. The show is back for its third season on Netflix sometime late this year or early next year. As for Brown’s Twitter account? It may remain in the dust for now, but she did tell her fans they could always reach out to her on Instagram messages instead.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023