On what would have been cultural legend Prince’s 60th birthday, Claws star Niecy Nash had a hilarious anecdote to share about her meeting with the Purple One — and it included a flirtatious encounter with Leonardo DiCaprio.
During an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Nash opened up about the time that she and a friend snuck into one of Prince’s legendary Grammys after parties. After revealing that her strategy to get into the party was to “use your best assets to get in the door,” Nash and her friend set off on their mission to find Prince, but not before running into Leonardo DiCaprio, who Nash said was very charming to her and her friend.
Eventually, Nash and her friend found out that Prince was reportedly behind a door with security, which they resourcefully sidestepped by telling the guard that Nash’s friend was Prince’s cousin. Prince then came to answer the door himself, only to find Nash and her friend.
“And he said ‘nice try’ and shut the door in our face!” Nash said.
Watch Nash tell the entire story below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms