One of the reasons that I love matcha so much is that it’s both energizing and calming at the same time. This green powder has become an integral part of my daily morning ritual, but instead of drinking matcha all the time, I also like to mix it up and create fun breakfast bowls with it. These only take a few minutes to make, and have become my go-to meals in the AM, especially when I’m pressed for time. So if you’ve only used matcha in tea, smoothies or ice cream, I strongly suggest trying it in a bowl. Adding in some of your favorite fruits, such as kiwis, will only make it tastier and more nutritious.
Matcha, which is a type of green tea, contains a type of antioxidant called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which has been linked to fighting cancer. Consuming green tea has also been tied to many health benefits from preventing heart disease to supporting weight loss. Most of the studies on green tea, however, have only shown association, and not causation.
Still, when I drink or eat matcha I always feel stimulated for the day, but never jittery. This delicious and simple recipe is from my Healthy Chef Recipe App.
Serve and enjoy!
NOTES + INSPIRATION: Other fruits and additions that go well with this bowl are mangoes, almond butter or tahini and blueberries.
“My main goal at The Healthy Chef is to get people cooking and eating healthier. Eat natural foods, focus on fresh fruits and vegetables and just keep it simple.” — Teresa Cutter
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com