During the ceremony, Prince Charles took the mother-of-the-bride’s hand to escort her to watch their children sign their register. The internet swooned at the budding friendship between the new in-laws.
After the vows had been exchanged, Charles linked arms with Ragland and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, as they walked out of St. George’s Chapel.
At the last minute, Prince Charles ended up playing a prominent role in the ceremony: He accompanied Meghan down part of the aisle after Kensington Palace announced Thursday that her father Thomas Markle could not attend. Ragland met Prince Charless, Queen Elizabeth II and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge earlier this week.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time