During the ceremony, Prince Charles took the mother-of-the-bride’s hand to escort her to watch their children sign their register. The internet swooned at the budding friendship between the new in-laws.
After the vows had been exchanged, Charles linked arms with Ragland and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, as they walked out of St. George’s Chapel.
At the last minute, Prince Charles ended up playing a prominent role in the ceremony: He accompanied Meghan down part of the aisle after Kensington Palace announced Thursday that her father Thomas Markle could not attend. Ragland met Prince Charless, Queen Elizabeth II and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge earlier this week.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.