During the ceremony, Prince Charles took the mother-of-the-bride’s hand to escort her to watch their children sign their register. The internet swooned at the budding friendship between the new in-laws.
After the vows had been exchanged, Charles linked arms with Ragland and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, as they walked out of St. George’s Chapel.
At the last minute, Prince Charles ended up playing a prominent role in the ceremony: He accompanied Meghan down part of the aisle after Kensington Palace announced Thursday that her father Thomas Markle could not attend. Ragland met Prince Charless, Queen Elizabeth II and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge earlier this week.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022