Jimmy Kimmel might have just found a new cause to champion: literacy.
But the late night host wasn’t convinced. “That actually seems high to me. I bet it’s even fewer than that,” he said. The decline of the American bibliophile concerned him so deeply that he sent his crew out to the streets of Los Angeles to ask pedestrians to name a book, any book. The responses compiled were sufficiently discouraging.
What’s a title of a book? No one in the video knew. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t try.
One man offered “The Jungle Book.” An actual librarian “blanked out on books,” and it only got worse from there.
Below watch the full “Can You Name a Book? ANY Book???” clip from Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears