Jimmy Kimmel might have just found a new cause to champion: literacy.
But the late night host wasn’t convinced. “That actually seems high to me. I bet it’s even fewer than that,” he said. The decline of the American bibliophile concerned him so deeply that he sent his crew out to the streets of Los Angeles to ask pedestrians to name a book, any book. The responses compiled were sufficiently discouraging.
What’s a title of a book? No one in the video knew. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t try.
One man offered “The Jungle Book.” An actual librarian “blanked out on books,” and it only got worse from there.
Below watch the full “Can You Name a Book? ANY Book???” clip from Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022