Jimmy Kimmel might have just found a new cause to champion: literacy.
But the late night host wasn’t convinced. “That actually seems high to me. I bet it’s even fewer than that,” he said. The decline of the American bibliophile concerned him so deeply that he sent his crew out to the streets of Los Angeles to ask pedestrians to name a book, any book. The responses compiled were sufficiently discouraging.
What’s a title of a book? No one in the video knew. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t try.
One man offered “The Jungle Book.” An actual librarian “blanked out on books,” and it only got worse from there.
Below watch the full “Can You Name a Book? ANY Book???” clip from Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time