“President Bush was admitted to the Houston Methodist Hospital yesterday morning after contracting an infection that spread to his blood,” Spokesman Jim McGrath said in a statement. “He is responding to treatments and appears to be recovering. We will issue additional updates as events warrant.”
Bush, 93, attended his wife’s funeral on Saturday and posed for a photo alongside former presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, as well as former first ladies Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton and current First Lady Melania Trump.
This story is developing and will be updated when more information is available…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving