These delicious protein balls take about five minutes to make and are the perfect portable breakfast or healthy snack on the run. I often make a batch over a weekend so I can just grab them out of the fridge during my busy week. They marry perfectly with your morning latte and tame that mid-afternoon craving for something sweet. If you’re a mad cyclist like I am, these protein balls are perfect to pack into the back of your cycling jersey as an energy snack or quick meal for those times when you need a pick me up.
My protein balls are filled with simple ingredients: rolled oats, coconut, dates, Healthy Chef Protein and your choice of nut butter. I’ve used un-sweetened natural organic peanut butter in this recipe, but you can also use your choice of almond butter or macadamia butter. If you want to know how to make your own nut butters, I have lots of options on The Healthy Chef.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THEM
The fiber found in oats can help regulate your appetite and keep you full for longer. Nut butters are a good source of protein, and adding protein to your diet can have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar, keep you fuller for longer too and support weight loss. This recipe is from my Healthy Chef Recipe App.
NOTES + INSPIRATION: Blend two protein balls with one banana, 1 cup of almond milk and a handful of ice for the yummiest breakfast smoothie!
“My main goal at The Healthy Chef is to get people cooking and eating healthier. Eat natural foods, focus on fresh fruits and vegetables and just keep it simple.” — Teresa Cutter
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com