People thought a paparazzi photo of Chrissy Teigen getting photobombed by a passerby was just a funny image. Others thought the man may have even been invading the popular celebrity’s personal space.
They thought wrong.
As model and cookbook author Teigen pointed out on Twitter, the passing good Samaritan was walking so close to her because he was actually stopping her from getting hit by a biker. “He actually saved me from getting run over by a cyclist,” she explained in a comment on a tweet. “I should have looked before stepping out!”
Teigen, who announced her second pregnancy in November, appeared to just be crossing a New York City street when the incident nearly occurred. Luckily it seems she has eagle-eyed angels surrounding her. Her husband John Legend may be inhabiting the role of Jesus Christ himself in the live NBC production of Jesus Christ Superstar at the moment, but there are all kinds of benevolent souls wandering our rough city streets, clearly.
Oh, and a reminder: always keep an eye out for the cyclists.
The explanation was prompted when a fan sent Teigen the photo in a tweet — and she had to joke about the funny optics of the snap, of course.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer