While Donald Trump has given out a number of offensive nicknames to others during his time in politics, it appears that the president has gotten a taste of his own medicine, something that has brought nothing but joy to Stephen Colbert.
During the Tuesday night episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the late night funnyman luxuriating in an embarrassing nickname some Washington officials say Trump has gotten following allegations that he had an affair with adult film star Stormy Daniels.
Colbert aired a clip from CNN that shows Richard Ben-Veniste, a former Watergate special prosecutor, claiming that “people are referring to him here in Washington by a new nickname…he’s now known as ‘Spanky and that’s not a good thing.”
“I think that’s a wonderful thing,” he said. “This may be the best news I’ve heard all day.”
Colbert then encouraged his viewers to show some respect while using the new nickname for Trump, cracking that they shouldn’t address him as “Spanky,” but as “President Spanky.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating