Blue Ivy Carter is making a name for herself as an art collector.
The 6-year-old daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z attended the Wearable Art Gala with her parents in Los Angeles on Saturday night, decked out in gold and ready to buy some art.
During the live auction event at the gala, which was hosted by Beyonce’s mother Tina Knowles Lawson and Richard Lawson, Blue Ivy bid $17,000 on an acrylic painting of the actor Sidney Poitier. She didn’t give up when the price bumped up to $19,000 — even after Jay-Z jokingly attempted to curb her spending.
Vanity Fair reports Blue Ivy lost the bidding war to Tyler Perry, who won the painting for $20,000. But that didn’t stop Blue Ivy, who next bid $10,000 and won a different piece of art made up of deconstructed law and medical texts.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State