Netflix dropped a teaser trailer for the final season of House of Cards during the 90th Academy Awards Sunday—and it looks like there’s a new commander in town.
Kevin Spacey, who was axed from the show following allegations of sexual assault, was nowhere to be seen in the trailer. Instead, Robin Wright, who plays Spacey’s wife Claire Underwood, appears to have replaced Spacey as the show’s new central figure.
“We’re just getting started,” Claire says in the trailer, situated in the Oval Office.
The previous season of House of Cards tipped the odds in Claire’s favor, setting her up to be the new star of the show before the accusations against Spacey came out. “My turn,” Claire says at the end of season five, as she takes over as president.
House of Cards‘ last season will air on Netflix this fall, with new cast additions including Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear and American Crime Story‘s Cody Fern.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out