Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, and Daniel Kaluuya—who is nominated this year for Best Actor in Get Out—all impressed on the red carpet. Boseman, who stars as T’Challa, the Black Panther himself, was photographed giving the crossed-armed Wakandan salute. He is set to present an award, as well as Nyong’o.
The Black Panther stars’ glowing looks did not go unnoticed, as Twitter users promptly shared their thoughts.
And that’s not the only thing Twitter users pointed out—many noted that Black Panther should receive nominations for next year’s Oscars. It’s unusual for mainstream superhero films to be celebrated by the Academy, but fans are hoping Black Panther‘s cultural relevance—as well as record-breaking box office performance—will be enough to nab the film some nominations.
As of Sunday, Black Panther had eclipsed $800 million worldwide and is on track for $1 billion.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out