Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, and Daniel Kaluuya—who is nominated this year for Best Actor in Get Out—all impressed on the red carpet. Boseman, who stars as T’Challa, the Black Panther himself, was photographed giving the crossed-armed Wakandan salute. He is set to present an award, as well as Nyong’o.
The Black Panther stars’ glowing looks did not go unnoticed, as Twitter users promptly shared their thoughts.
And that’s not the only thing Twitter users pointed out—many noted that Black Panther should receive nominations for next year’s Oscars. It’s unusual for mainstream superhero films to be celebrated by the Academy, but fans are hoping Black Panther‘s cultural relevance—as well as record-breaking box office performance—will be enough to nab the film some nominations.
As of Sunday, Black Panther had eclipsed $800 million worldwide and is on track for $1 billion.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up