That was definitely true for Adam Rippon and Madison Hubbell, who shared a dance off the ice to celebrate the holiday. Hubbell took to Instagram on Wednesday to share a video of the pair clasping hands and swaying back and forth to the tune of Johnny Mathis’s “Chances Are.”
Hubbell’s ice dancing partner, Zachary Donohue—who was filming the clip—then turns the camera on himself to jokingly shake his head at the sentimental duo. “With my true Valentine far away, @adaripp was a true friend and gentleman and gave me a dance,” Hubbell captioned the post.
Considering both Rippon and Hubbell still have events to go in the Games, this definitely seems like a well-deserved moment of relaxation.
Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating