Philadelphia Eagles fans went wild after their team made history Sunday night with its first-ever Super Bowl victory.
Eagles fans celebrated the historic win by pouring into the streets to cheer, cry, set off fireworks, scale street poles and break hotel awnings. By Monday morning, plants and street signs were uprooted and cars were flipped over as fans celebrated a win they had waited decades for.
Some observers criticized the fans’ reactions as needlessly destructive. Despite the property damage, though, Philadelphia is still standing.
See the aftermath of the Super Bowl victory below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating