The Philadelphia Eagles flew to victory over the New England Patriots at Sunday night’s Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis, but the real winners from the year’s big game are the people — and moments — that will live on forever as part of internet meme lore. Luckily, this Super Bowl didn’t disappoint, providing plenty of fodder for online discussion and jokes. There was the teen that stole the Halftime Show from headliner Justin Timberlake thanks to a highly-publicized selfie opportunity; there was Pink spitting out a throat lozenge just before launching into her rendition of the “Star-Spangled Banner;” there was Patriots quarterback Tom Brady making a dapper appearance before game time.
Here are the memes making the rounds today, destined to remain part of our cultural memory for as long as we still share memes on Twitter.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow