After the country music legend made her mustache-rocking, white suit-wearing debut in a commercial released by the fried chicken chain on Thursday, social media began to blow up with reactions to the switch-up. “I thought the transformation was really funny,” McEntire told the Associated Press. “I got a big kick out of it.”
The minute-long spot features Reba belting out a honky tonk song about KFC’s new Smoky Mountain BBQ chicken and has inspired a number of hot takes. Some were thrilled by the change in casting for the franchise’s founder.
“Woke up to the news that Reba is the new Colonel Sanders and I just may believe that there is a God,” wrote Twitter user @CannibalActual.
But others weren’t so sure about the buzz surrounding the brand’s mascot. “I am moving to the woods,” tweeted Difficult People star Julie Klausner in response to the announcement.
See a selection of the reactions below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow