Hot tip: being friends with Battle of the Sexes star Emma Stone has its perks, but be prepared for curveballs.
That’s what happened to Jennifer Lawrence on Sunday night. According to a video the mother! actress shared on her Facebook, Lawrence had planned on being Stone’s plus-one to some Golden Globes afterparties in L.A. But even the best-laid plans can, of course, go awry.
“You had told me that you wanted me to be your date to the afterparties,” Lawrence explained to an off-camera Stone, looking (and sounding) dejected and resigned to her fate. “So I got us tickets to some afterparties, I booked a car, and I was halfway through glam when you told me that you didn’t want to go. You just wanted to come over to my house. So I sent my hair and makeup team home. And now this is what I look like.” Lawrence then turns to the camera, revealing a face half done in smoky eye makeup — and half perfectly bare, to which both women can only laugh.
“You’re the best,” Stone insists.
Looks like the duo ended up skipping those afterparties for a much more relaxed evening at home, proving once again that they’re one of Hollywood’s best friendship pairs.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time