Hot tip: being friends with Battle of the Sexes star Emma Stone has its perks, but be prepared for curveballs.
That’s what happened to Jennifer Lawrence on Sunday night. According to a video the mother! actress shared on her Facebook, Lawrence had planned on being Stone’s plus-one to some Golden Globes afterparties in L.A. But even the best-laid plans can, of course, go awry.
“You had told me that you wanted me to be your date to the afterparties,” Lawrence explained to an off-camera Stone, looking (and sounding) dejected and resigned to her fate. “So I got us tickets to some afterparties, I booked a car, and I was halfway through glam when you told me that you didn’t want to go. You just wanted to come over to my house. So I sent my hair and makeup team home. And now this is what I look like.” Lawrence then turns to the camera, revealing a face half done in smoky eye makeup — and half perfectly bare, to which both women can only laugh.
“You’re the best,” Stone insists.
Looks like the duo ended up skipping those afterparties for a much more relaxed evening at home, proving once again that they’re one of Hollywood’s best friendship pairs.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving