Hot tip: being friends with Battle of the Sexes star Emma Stone has its perks, but be prepared for curveballs.
That’s what happened to Jennifer Lawrence on Sunday night. According to a video the mother! actress shared on her Facebook, Lawrence had planned on being Stone’s plus-one to some Golden Globes afterparties in L.A. But even the best-laid plans can, of course, go awry.
“You had told me that you wanted me to be your date to the afterparties,” Lawrence explained to an off-camera Stone, looking (and sounding) dejected and resigned to her fate. “So I got us tickets to some afterparties, I booked a car, and I was halfway through glam when you told me that you didn’t want to go. You just wanted to come over to my house. So I sent my hair and makeup team home. And now this is what I look like.” Lawrence then turns to the camera, revealing a face half done in smoky eye makeup — and half perfectly bare, to which both women can only laugh.
“You’re the best,” Stone insists.
Looks like the duo ended up skipping those afterparties for a much more relaxed evening at home, proving once again that they’re one of Hollywood’s best friendship pairs.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive