Singer John Mayer is undergoing an emergency procedure Tuesday to remove his appendix, according to his spokeswoman.
Mayer was admitted to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy early Tuesday, his spokeswoman Anna Loynes said in a statement.
The sudden surgery caused Dead and Company, the band Mayer is touring with, to postpone their Tuesday concert in New Orleans. Dead and Company tweeted the news about 12:30 p.m. ET.
The band and Mayer’s next tour stop is Thursday in Orlando. It’s unclear if that show will be postponed as well.
Loynes said all tickets for Tuesday’s show would be honored and later rescheduled as soon as possible.
The singer’s representatives did not comment on his current condition.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.