It should come as no surprise that Beyoncé reigned supreme this year over Instagram, posting the photo that nabbed the most likes on the social media platform in 2017.
The picture — a staged portrait shot by the photographer Awol Erizku to serve as the singer’s official pregnancy announcement — was shared back in February, and immediately sparked an online frenzy. Four months later, Beyoncé gave birth to twins Rumi and Sir Carter. And as the year comes to a close, the image has clocked a whopping 11 million likes, earning it the title of most-liked post of the year.
Other popular posts from 2017 include many snapshots shared by Selena Gomez — often featuring her now-ex The Weeknd — as well as famous soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo’s behind-the-scenes snap of the birth of his newest child and more shots of him with his growing family, which was the second-most liked Instagram of 2017 so far.
Beyoncé’s post-birth photo, another artful Erizku portrait with the infant twins in her arms, also made the top ten for the year. (Everyone loves a good baby photo, it seems — or a good couple shot.)
That posts from Gomez and Ronaldo are also popular is to be expected: Gomez is the most-followed celebrity on the platform with over 130 million followers, and has previously had the most-liked photo. She’s followed in fandom by Ronaldo, with 116 million followers. Ariana Grande, Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian round out the top five, with Taylor Swift, Kylie Jenner and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson close behind.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.