On Thursday night’s Jimmy Kimmel, the comedian riffed on the new DC comics movie Justice League. While the reviews about the superhero-stuffed film have been tepid, it’s still poised to be a major blockbuster success; at this point, anything with Wonder Woman seems to draw the crowds.
But Kimmel also had a suggestion on how to make the action movie even more epic: add in another hero. She’s the hero we all need, and she’s the hero that currently wields power in one of the highest offices of our land. She’s Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, of course.
In a parody trailer for Kimmel’s “Supreme Court Justice League,” he threw in suggestions on how Ginsburg would flex her skills in fighting evil.
“What are your superpowers again?” asks Ezra Miller’s The Flash in the clip.
“It helps sometimes to be a little hard of hearing,” is Ginsburg’s appropriate response. And like Thor of the Marvel universe, Ginsburg has a special weapon that presumably only she can hold. It’s a gavel, naturally. The tagline for the spoof: “Justice League: You can’t handle the Ruth.”
While in reality Ginsburg may not be a star of a superhero movie, she is known to stick to a strict fitness and health regiment, keeping her sharp even in her 80s after 24 years serving on the bench.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart