Just in time for the holidays, Pepsi has debuted a Salted Caramel version of its classic cola that is stirring up a storm on the Internet. The soda company rolled out the new flavor alongside Holiday Brew Mountain Dew — which SnackGator predicts could be a combination of regular Mountain Dew and its cherry-flavored cousin Code Red — on Nov. 6, prompting a wide range of reactions from Pepsi consumers.
Some were horrified at the idea of the sweet and salty taste combination. “I can’t go to sleep knowing that Salted Caramel Pepsi is out there,” wrote Twitter user Pessimippopotamus.
“Why is Salted Caramel Pepsi a thing?” added PolarUrsaMajor. “What does it taste like? Who thought it would be a good idea?”
However, others were intrigued by the idea of the dessert-inspired drink. “I just bought a Salted Caramel Pepsi,” tweeted MegaDanX. “It tastes like someone put a pancake covered in syrup in a Pepsi bottle.”
See the blend of reactions below.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year