Swift dropped the 15-track offering at just before midnight on Thursday, sending her fans into a near-immediate frenzy of analyzing lyrics and digging for references in new songs such as “I Did Something Bad,” “Dancing with Our Hands Tied” and “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things.”
Leading up to the release, some Swifties were so excited it seemed like they may not even be able to make it to midnight. “GOOD FREAKING MORNING Y’ALL REPUTATION COMES OUT TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT LITERALLY HOW IS THIS REAL WE HAVE WAITED 3 YEARS FOR THIS ” wrote one particularly hyped Twitter user—and yes, in those block capitals.
But many fans were also thrown into a frenzy when the full, highly-anticipated album was leaked online 12 hours before the official release. Faced with the tantalizing quandary — to listen, or not listen — many Swifties took to Twitter.
Read some of the reactions to Reputation and its leak below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer