Amazon Studios is investigating Transparent star Jeffrey Tambor after a sexual harassment allegation was made against him.
Van Barnes, a transgender woman who previously worked as Tambor’s assistant, said in a private Facebook post that the actor acted inappropriately, Deadline reported. Tambor has denied the claim.
“I am aware that a former disgruntled assistant of mine has made a private post implying that I had acted in an improper manner toward her. I adamantly and vehemently reject and deny any and all implication and allegation that I have ever engaged in any improper behavior toward this person or any other person I have ever worked with. I am appalled and distressed by this baseless allegation,” Tambor told Deadline.
An Amazon spokesperson confirmed to TIME that an investigation into the actor, whose show Transparent is an Amazon original series, has been launched.
The news comes three weeks after Amazon Studios executive Roy Price resigned due to sexual harassment claims, Deadline noted.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023