After years of customers complaining online that the fast food giant’s soft-serve machines are too frequently out of service, there is now an app that aims to tell you whether or not you’ll be able to satisfy your frozen treat cravings before you arrive at your local Mickey D’s.
Dubbed Ice Check, the app — which is available for Apple iOS devices — allows users to search for their nearest McDonald’s and then shows them the status of its ice cream machine in real-time. And if you happen to be the unlucky customer who discovers a machine is down, you can save your fellow McD’s lovers some trouble by marking the location as “off.”
“I came up with the idea for the app around a year ago, after a late night Oreo McFlurry craving went unfulfilled due to the ice cream machine being down,” Raina McLeod, the app’s creator, told BuzzFeed.
What a truly inspired creation.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears