After years of customers complaining online that the fast food giant’s soft-serve machines are too frequently out of service, there is now an app that aims to tell you whether or not you’ll be able to satisfy your frozen treat cravings before you arrive at your local Mickey D’s.
Dubbed Ice Check, the app — which is available for Apple iOS devices — allows users to search for their nearest McDonald’s and then shows them the status of its ice cream machine in real-time. And if you happen to be the unlucky customer who discovers a machine is down, you can save your fellow McD’s lovers some trouble by marking the location as “off.”
“I came up with the idea for the app around a year ago, after a late night Oreo McFlurry craving went unfulfilled due to the ice cream machine being down,” Raina McLeod, the app’s creator, told BuzzFeed.
What a truly inspired creation.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization