We now know that the Oct. 31 matchup was not the final one of the series, as the Los Angeles Dodgers forced Game 7 with a 3-1 victory. However, that didn’t make the double-whammy holiday any less stressful for Halloween and baseball enthusiasts.
“I had ONE friggin trick o treater and I have staged skeletons climbing out on my lawn,” Mindy Kaling tweeted during the game. “Meanwhile Verlander keeps pitchin excellent yeesh.”
But while tensions were high, some Twitter users couldn’t help but joke about the situation. “The world series … on halloween? i bet the bat is. i bet the baseball bat is like a bat, like the ah. like the bat type of an animal,” wrote Jon Bois.
See some of the best reactions to the night below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve