We now know that the Oct. 31 matchup was not the final one of the series, as the Los Angeles Dodgers forced Game 7 with a 3-1 victory. However, that didn’t make the double-whammy holiday any less stressful for Halloween and baseball enthusiasts.
“I had ONE friggin trick o treater and I have staged skeletons climbing out on my lawn,” Mindy Kaling tweeted during the game. “Meanwhile Verlander keeps pitchin excellent yeesh.”
But while tensions were high, some Twitter users couldn’t help but joke about the situation. “The world series … on halloween? i bet the bat is. i bet the baseball bat is like a bat, like the ah. like the bat type of an animal,” wrote Jon Bois.
See some of the best reactions to the night below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org