We now know that the Oct. 31 matchup was not the final one of the series, as the Los Angeles Dodgers forced Game 7 with a 3-1 victory. However, that didn’t make the double-whammy holiday any less stressful for Halloween and baseball enthusiasts.
“I had ONE friggin trick o treater and I have staged skeletons climbing out on my lawn,” Mindy Kaling tweeted during the game. “Meanwhile Verlander keeps pitchin excellent yeesh.”
But while tensions were high, some Twitter users couldn’t help but joke about the situation. “The world series … on halloween? i bet the bat is. i bet the baseball bat is like a bat, like the ah. like the bat type of an animal,” wrote Jon Bois.
See some of the best reactions to the night below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears