Prince Harry brought two special guests with him to the Invictus Games in Toronto Friday — former President Barack Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden.
The trio sat down to watch a game of wheelchair basketball, joined by Biden’s wife Dr. Jill Biden. Former first lady Michelle Obama did not come to the game, although she and Obama have met with Harry and the royal family numerous times before. Prince Harry’s girlfriend Meghan Markle also made some well-publicized appearances during parts of the Invictus Games.
The group also stopped to take pictures with others in the crowd. Obama tweeted about attending posting, “Proud to cheer on Team USA at the Invictus Games today with my friend Joe. You represent the best of our country.”
Kensington Palace also tweeted photos of the group trip.
While President Donald Trump did not attend the games, First Lady Melania Trump did, where she met Prince Harry.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com