The warranty service provider SquareTrade Labs got in on the test drive fun, going to great lengths to put the new models through the ringer alongside the competition.
In a YouTube video shared Monday titled “iPhone 8 Breakability,” the company drops the new iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus, and the Samsung Galazy Note8 from six feet above on their faces and on their backs. Most dramatic of all, they even catapult them into the air at 22 miles per hour and tumble them around in a machine.
The results? Through it all, the new iPhone models and the Samsung phone suffer somewhat similar fates: they crack, some worse (totally shattered) than others (hairline cracks.) But when the Samsung phone was dropped from six feet, it looked like a total goner. (The video showed the phone with a “no sim error” message on its screen.)
No matter what, none of the smartphones were damage-proof under the conditions.
Watch below to see high-tech toys lose the smartphone Olympics.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears