Taylor Swift just dropped her brand new single, “Look What You Made Me Do”, and the internet cannot get enough.
The song is a marked change from songs like “22” and “Shake It Off” and with lines like “the old Taylor Swift can’t come to the phone now. Why? Oh, ’cause she’s dead” it looks like like Swift is trying to shed her nice girl image (like a snake!)—at least until her new album, Reputation, comes out. Swift’s new aesthetics and new attitude got the attention of Twitter, and people couldn’t help but draw parallels between 2014’s Taylor Swift album 1989 and 2017 Taylor Swift with photos to document the evolution.
Here are some of the funniest memes and reactions to Swift’s latest direction.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving