Netflix has unveiled a look at season 2 of The Crown, the hit series that chronicles the life of Queen Elizabeth from before she takes the throne through her ascent. The success of The Crown‘s first season helped earn star Claire Foy a Golden Globe and the series a handful of Emmy nominations.
The second season finds the Queen struggling to keep the British monarchy together as she faces tremendous hurdles in her personal life. Her “wild spirit” husband Prince Philip has gone overseas, and appears to have a wandering eye. Her sister Princess Margaret finds a new love interest in Lord Snowdon, played by Matthew Goode. Meanwhile, the Queen can’t seem to keep a consistent Prime Minister to run the country as Britain enters the turbulent 1960s.
“The world’s changing faster than anyone can catch up with. There is no letup,” Foy tells Entertainment Weekly. “She just keeps having to go from one crisis to another to another, and at some point, it’s about five crises at the same time and you have no idea how she manages to get up in the morning.”
Season 2 hits Netflix on Dec. 8. Check out the teaser trailer above.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart