Enter the new trend in photographing nail art for maximum attention-grabbing: just hold up random foodstuffs or household items that match your color choice, and it’s guaranteed to make a splash. That was certainly the case when Twitter user Alina Marie matched her pink manicure to a slice of ham and a strawberry milkshake, sharing the photos back in January and prompting another internet onlooker to scratch his head in confusion in a now-viral response months later.
Since then, plenty of other Twitter users have taken to the platform to relate to her plight. As it turns out, people really love matching their nails to random things found in daily life, from a brightly-colored scissors to the blue label on a bottle of Pepsi. Or perhaps it’s not so much about attempting to match, so much as it is about enjoying the unexpected visual thrill of connecting nail color to a slice of life. Either way, people are on board with this funny new photo trend.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org