Got a fresh new manicure? Then you’re going to want to flaunt it. There’s only one problem: many photos of fancy nails can fall flat; it’s just a hand, after all.
Enter the new trend in photographing nail art for maximum attention-grabbing: just hold up random foodstuffs or household items that match your color choice, and it’s guaranteed to make a splash. That was certainly the case when Twitter user Alina Marie matched her pink manicure to a slice of ham and a strawberry milkshake, sharing the photos back in January and prompting another internet onlooker to scratch his head in confusion in a now-viral response months later.
Since then, plenty of other Twitter users have taken to the platform to relate to her plight. As it turns out, people really love matching their nails to random things found in daily life, from a brightly-colored scissors to the blue label on a bottle of Pepsi. Or perhaps it’s not so much about attempting to match, so much as it is about enjoying the unexpected visual thrill of connecting nail color to a slice of life. Either way, people are on board with this funny new photo trend.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement