Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
Dickon Tarly may be a relatively new addition to the world of Game of Thrones, but fans are already loving him.
The character first appeared during his older brother Sam’s brief trip home to Horn Hill in season six. However, the actor who played him, Freddie Stroma, has since been replaced by Black Sails alum Tom Hopper.
Hopper’s first scene saw him appear at King’s Landing with his father, Randyll Tarly, to reaffirm their family’s loyalty to the crown in the second episode of season seven. But his moment to shine came when he saved Jaime from a Dothraki bloodrider during the Loot Train Battle in Sunday’s installment.
Of course, viewers also loved his comical introduction to Bronn.
The fifth episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs Aug. 13 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating