Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
Dickon Tarly may be a relatively new addition to the world of Game of Thrones, but fans are already loving him.
The character first appeared during his older brother Sam’s brief trip home to Horn Hill in season six. However, the actor who played him, Freddie Stroma, has since been replaced by Black Sails alum Tom Hopper.
Hopper’s first scene saw him appear at King’s Landing with his father, Randyll Tarly, to reaffirm their family’s loyalty to the crown in the second episode of season seven. But his moment to shine came when he saved Jaime from a Dothraki bloodrider during the Loot Train Battle in Sunday’s installment.
Of course, viewers also loved his comical introduction to Bronn.
The fifth episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs Aug. 13 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time