Warning: This post contains spoilers for season seven of Game of Thrones.
After being left for dead by her brother Theon in “Stormborn,” the bruised and battered Yara Greyjoy was paraded through the streets of King’s Landing by her Uncle Euron in Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones. As Euron made his way to the Red Keep to deliver the “priceless gift” of Ellaria Sand and her daughter Tyene to Cersei, he pulled Yara behind his horse by a rope tied around her neck.
The sequence was brutal to watch. However, Gemma Whelan — who plays Yara — revealed there was one big reason she enjoyed filming it: Getting to be in the same room as the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms herself. “Hot defined,” she jokingly captioned an Instagram of her made-up face. “That was pretty hectic. Got to meet Cersei though, which was kewl [as f—k].”
The fourth episode of Game of Thrones‘ seventh season airs Aug. 6 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time