Press Secretary Sean Spicer abruptly resigned from his position Friday, sending shockwaves through Washington.
As the news began to spread, a number of Democratic politicians weighed in on Spicer’s departure, which was prompted by President Donald Trump‘s decision to name New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director — a move Spicer and others within the Trump administration opposed. Some Democrats said they would miss Melissa McCarthy’s impression of Spicer on Saturday Night Live more than they would miss the actual press secretary.
Here are some of the reactions from Democrats:
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.)
Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.)
Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.)
Rep. Dina Titus (D-Nev.)
Rep. Marc Veasey (D-Texas)
Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.)
Rep. Yvette Clark (D-N.Y.)
Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.)
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)
This story is developing and this list will be updated.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization