Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg took to the media platform Tuesday to announce more than 2 billion people now use Facebook each month.
“We’re making progress connecting the world, and now let’s bring the world closer together,” he said in a post.
The site is commemorating its community with a series of new features, including personalized videos for users. It revealed in a post that an average of more than 800 million people click “like” on Facebook content every day.
On October 4, 2012, Zuckerberg announced that 1 billion people were on Facebook actively each month. Then, on Aug. 27, 2015, he said 1 billion people had visited the site in just one day.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement