Saturday’s Powerball jackpot shot to $435 million after nobody won the top prize in Wednesday’s drawing.
This prize matches the $435 million jackpot somebody in Indiana won in February, when it was the seventh-largest Powerball jackpot ever won. Four people did match five numbers (without the Powerball number) in Wednesday’s drawing, all taking in prizes worth at least $1 million.
It’s a massive payout for a $2 ticket, but the 1 in 292,201,338 odds of winning the jackpot are slim, to say the least.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart