Ariana Grande brought together a number of stars to perform at her One Love Manchester concert to support the victims of the attack at her show this weekend in the U.K. city in May, which claimed 22 lives.
One of those performers was “Chained to the Rhythm” singer Katy Perry, who chose to make a thoughtful statement in her concert attire, wearing a white dress with subtle cutouts. But those cutouts were filled with printed photos of the victims of the attack, visible on her sides, neck, and back during her performance of her hits.
“It’s not always easy to choose love, right? Especially in moments like this it can be difficult,” she said while on stage. “But love conquers fear and love conquers hate. And this love that you choose will give you strength, and it’s our greatest power.”
Those who recognized what Perry was wearing were eager to share support for her thoughtful tribute.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement