Show creator Vince Gilligan is teaming up with Sony’s PlayStation division to make a non-game virtual reality project based on the cult show. While both Gilligan and Sony are remaining mum on many of the details about it, Sony did confirm that the project won’t be releasing this year.
Sony Global game development boss Shawn Layden told TIME that the project is part of a larger push for virtual reality with mainstream pop culture.
“We have Hollywood luminaries and TV show runners, places like the Smithsonian and [NASA’s] Jet Propulsion Laboratory looking into what the technology can do for them,” he said. “And recently you may have seen Vince Gilligan, the show runner for Breaking Bad, has leaked some information that we’re working together, which we are, in bringing a Breaking Bad experience to virtual reality.”
While Layden’s not sure what the end product will look like, he remains excited for the project.
“I have no idea, but Vince has shown that he can deliver.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate