As Colbert, one of late night’s most prominent political satirists, tackled Trump’s Saudi Arabia trip on Monday night’s episode of the Late Show, the host decided that the White House’s order restricting travel might be a good idea after all.
“I’ve got a little extra pep in my step tonight because Donald Trump has left the country. Federal judges, now would be a good time to reinstate that travel ban,” he began, before building his case for using the blocked executive action to bar Trump from re-entering America.
“He’ll be flying in from a dangerous part of the world. He’s said some radical stuff. Extreme vetting. That’s all I’m asking for. We don’t know where his money comes from. There’s so many unknowns.”
Colbert also joked about Trump’s face on the billboards that welcomed him to Saudi Arabia, the POTUS’s moves during a traditional dance and, of course, his viral moment touching an orb at the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology.
Watch the full monologue below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out