Swathes of social media users have captured photos and video footage of Melissa McCarthy in full Sean Spicer attire, riding a motorized version of the White House press secretary’s podium through Midtown Manhattan and up to the doors of the CNN offices.
The early Friday morning stunt comes just one day before the Oscar-nominated McCarthy is set to reprise her iconic performance as Spicer as she hosts the political satire show for the fifth time.
Two days ago, Saturday Night Live‘s official Twitter account shared a video of McCarthy being transformed into Spicer, while lip-syncing to West Side Story’s “I Feel Pretty” — a clip that’s already received nearly one million views.
TIME reached out to NBC and Saturday Night Live to find out more information, but did not receive an immediate response.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears