The upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s Tom Holland proved to the world that his acrobatic prowess as Spidey has plenty of other uses during a performance on Lip Sync Battle Sunday night. The talented young actor started off slow with a classy rendition of Gene Kelly’s “Singin’ in the Rain” before ripping off his traditional suit and going all-in on an outrageous (and, yes, wet) version of Rihanna’s “Umbrella,” the 2007 groove that helped solidify the singer as one of pop’s most popular.
But Holland came fully prepared to pay tribute to Rihanna, making good use of his Peter Parker skills to turn the dance into an athletic and aerobic exercise in staying on-beat, even while getting drenched in pouring water. All the while, Zendaya — his co-star in the new Spider-Man and his competitor on the evening’s show — looked on in open awe. At one point, she was literally floored. (That is, she dropped to the ground).
That reaction was shared by much of the internet, which took to Twitter to express their delight in seeing Holland unexpectedly own the dance floor.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart