At 44%, Trump’s approval ratings at the 100-days mark are the lowest of any newly-elected President on record, according to a recent survey. Nevertheless, Trump supporters remain firmly planted behind their man.
At least those are the indications of a University of Virginia Center of Politics poll released Thursday, which show that 93% of Trump voters surveyed approve of the job he is doing compared to only 7% who do not, Politico reports.
Those results — which have a margin of error of ±3.1 percentage points — are drawn from a national survey of 1,000 self-declared Trump voters interviewed between April 17 and April 19, as well as from eight focus groups conducted in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Canton, Oak Creek and Houston earlier in April.
“Trump voters are extraordinarily loyal and supportive of the guy they voted for last November,” Republican pollster Glen Bolger, who conducted the poll and focus groups, summarized for Politico. “All the controversy, all the stuff you read in media about how it’s chaotic, how they don’t have their act together — they don’t see it.”
“He said he was going to do something, and he took immediate action, not, you know, ‘We’re going to go transition and everything,’” said one male Trump supporter interviewed in Pittsburgh.
The survey also found that the overwhelming majority of respondents were deeply skeptical of the media: Trump’s assertion that the news media are “the enemy of the American people” was backed by 88% of them.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror